Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sprouts spring eternal

The sun is hiding today, but I have to post some pictures of hope!

Note that if you click these pix, you can see bigger versions!


Here be my lovely yellow croci. When the sun's out, they get very happy.


Here's the white bleeding heart Mom gave me. Thanks, Mom!


Here are some grape hyacinths, patiently waiting their turn.


Daphne is starting to burble. Wendy, I'll have to get your advice again on when/how to prune.





Here's a baby bleeding heart I found a home for.  Looks like it took!



Faith, here's the bloodroot you gave me, going strong. 



The clips are coming in strong. Thanks, Faith! I hope they get enough sun this year to put on a show.


And here come the chives.














The daffs are coming in out front. Can't remember if I remembered to bury them a little less shallowly last fall. Hope they get taller than this...



Lady's Mantle! 
Lady's Mantle! 
What a lovely yellow plantle!




Lungwort is already taking in the fresh air.




With any luck this white poppy I bought and planted last year will bloom. I hope I hope.





Faith, my experiment worked: I dug up the toadshades, divided them and transplanted them to a new, more visible area. If they don't get too much sun, I'll think they'll be dandy. I counted 6 sprouts so far.
-------------
Okay. That's it for now. Uploading these has been a real pain in the patoot for some reason. More on these developments later... possibly at another location.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You must feel as thought Spring has sprung. You seem to be about a week ahead of us in plant growth. And how cool is that to see the toadshade.
I also looked over your last years pics and was reminded that I'm still waiting for the almost red cosmos seeds.
Also, thanks for posting the garden update with pics!

--Faith

Kathleen said...

Things are coming up in my garden now, too. Tulips. Columbine. Maybe the bleeding heart. Haven't been able to pull out the rest of the fall leaf cover yet....